The vgina has a distinct smell which is not a problem, as everybody has their own particular vginal smell that is natural.
Whether this natural smell is neutral or not, it is a matter of personal judgment. In fact, some women notice their odor when there is no notable odor detected by others.
Even when you notice a difference in its smell, it is not necessarily an infection. That change may be linked to a specific moment of your menstrual cycle because the smell of your vgina can vary depending on the time of the cycle.
However, if the odor changes and becomes strongly unpleasant, this change deserves attention because it is perhaps a sign of a serious vginal infection.
If left untreated, this condition may cause not only physiologic problems but also emotional stress which can make the person uncomfortable thinking the odor is detected by others.
Here are 9 reasons you should know cause smelly vgina so you can stop feeling self-conscious:
1. Excessive washing: Even if you’re just washing your vgina with warm water, excessive washing can still mess with the vgina’s flora, causing an odor.
2. Allergy to c*****s: Some women are allergic to certain materials in c*****s, which can throw off vginal bacteria and cause odor.
3. Douching: This can mess with the pH levels of the v****a and even cause a large amount of bacteria to grow. There is good and bad bacteria that can be down there, but the bad bacteria can cause a strong smell.
4. Tight Clothing: Wearing very tight pants or underwear can cause your vgina to sweat, which can cause vginal odor.
5. Spicy Food: Spicy food can cause a sudden increase in your vginal discharge, which can cause vginal odor.
6. Sleeping with underwear at night: According to reports, sleeping in the n**e to air out the vgina is the best way to go
7. Laundry Detergent: Laundry detergent with perfume or fabric softeners can irritate the vgina, once again causing odor. Wash your underwear separately with unscented detergent.
8. Pregnancy: During pregnancy, many of vitamins and minerals are passed along to your baby, and this can throw off the pH levels in your vgina.
9. 8ex: You may notice vginal odors accumulating directly after 8ex.